Hello Im a very busy single mother of four, I work full-time, go to school, and I have a small direct sales business, SHIRLIE’S DAUGHTERS. So I started to research how to feed my family healthy, good tasting meals within the small time frame I have to work with. So lets check out some recipes and products that will make life easier.
CAJUN RED BEANS
- 16-oz./455 g package dry small red beans
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cored and quartered
- 2 celery stalks, quartered
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1½ tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- Rinse beans, place in a bowl or base of Microwave Pressure Cooker, cover with water, and soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse beans and place in base of Pressure Cooker.
- Combine onion, garlic, pepper and celery in base of Power Chef™ System fitted with blade attachment. Cover, pull cord several times to chop and add to Pressure Cooker.
- Stir in seasonings and cover to maximum fill line with vegetable broth, should be about 3 cups. Seal and microwave on high power 30 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and allow pressure to release naturally until red pressure indicator fully lowers, about 10–15 minutes
- Place 2 cups beans in base of Power Chef™ System, fitted with blade attachment. Cover, pull cord several times to process and stir back into beans to thicken mixture.
- Serve over rice with hot sauce, if desired.
Find more info on products at mytwpage.com/shirliejones